Want to feel like you are making a real difference in the Nuclear sector?
Come and join our talented team where you will play a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects.
At Orano, our people are our biggest asset. By investing in our staff and fostering a culture of continued professional development within the company, we combine the skills and experience of our teams with our commitment to a professional and high-quality level of service. We believe in the importance of developing and maintaining a good working environment to support staff development.
We understand that different people have different priorities, which is why we pride ourselves on our supportive and friendly environment and ability to provide flexible hybrid working arrangements. Site Locations Include: Warrington, Abingdon and or Westlakes.
Whether you’re working from an Orano office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. No matter where you sit in the organisation you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
- The role is based at our Warrington office
- Travel may be required on occasion between Orano offices and Client sites
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time, 37-hour week
Purpose of Position
The Dose and Shielding Consultant will be required to support the Discipline Lead in providing for the technical needs of clients and their projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Managing dose and shielding projects, as well as a technical leadership role within other projects
- Providing expert knowledge of dose and shielding safety assessment including being up to date with developments in methodology and approach
- Providing dose and shielding support to multi-disciplinary teams addressing various safety challenges
- Identifying and developing new opportunities for the team, including technical support to bids
- Closely working with the rest of the team to ensure the delivery with high quality and on time
- Developing asset management plans and monitoring performance
- Supporting delivery and contributing to the direction of junior team members on various complex projects
- Contributing to the enhancement of radiation protection, safety processes and procedures
- Supporting the company’s business development activities
- Mentoring junior staff and providing technical advice
Preferred Role Requirements
The Dose and Shielding team encourage diversity of thought and welcome applications of candidates with transferable skills that can be applied to our projects, therefore, there are no minimum role requirements and candidates will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The preferred role requirements are as follows:
- Relevant degree in a relevant scientific or engineering technical discipline
- 5+ years experience in radiation shielding and dose assessment within the nuclear industry
- Extensive experience in the application of radiation transport-based codes such as MCNP, Attila, ADVANTG, MCBEND, FLUKA and Microshield etc
- Good level of knowledge in the specialist field of dose and shielding safety assessment with some knowledge of advanced assessment techniques
- A working knowledge of aspects of nuclear Criticality would be beneficial
- Hold a minimum of ‘SC’ UK Security Clearance, or willing to obtain
Behavioural Qualities Required
- Proactivity – ability to independently seek out or develop one’s own answer to challenging technical questions
- Questioning attitude – ability to analyse situations and challenge the conditions, activities or solutions to support continuous improvement and develop areas of best practice
- Organisational excellence – ability to organise one’s own time and the time of others to ensure internal / external deadlines are achieved and Client expectations are exceeded
- Reactivity - ability to respond quickly and effectively to unforeseen situations
- Integrity and Inclusivity – ability to take responsibility for one’s own actions and foster an inclusive working environment where all members of the team are respected and given equal opportunity to participate
Why work for Orano Limited
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquarters in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
These fuel cycle activities are of strategic importance to both the French nuclear sector and all customers operating reactors worldwide. Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to providing a professional service to the highest standards of quality. We are a friendly company, place great emphasis on our working relationships and recognise the importance of partnering in our work.
Our ethos aligns with the Orano values of customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; respect and people development; exemplarity, integrity and responsibility; cohesion and team spirit. Building on these values, we have fostered a working culture that prioritises safety, performance and respect for everyone we work with, whether this relates to our clients, partners, or our own staff.
At Orano, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice we are opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. You will also get an additional 1 day off for every 1-year service which is capped at 5
- A competitive salary
- One Professional Membership subscription paid for by the company
- Private medical insurance
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Non-contribution pension scheme
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Insurance
- Sports allowance
- Online discount platform