Want to feel like you are making a real difference in the Nuclear sector?
Come and join our talented team where you will play a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects.
Orano provides an exciting mixture of consultancy, engineering and project management support, to major clients in the UK, including Dounreay, Sellafield Limited, AWE, Urenco, NSG and many more. We are very proud to have supported these clients for many years, and our partnering arrangements enable us to sustain and enhance this support in the long-term.
Our people are our biggest asset. By investing in our staff and fostering a culture of continued professional development within the company, we combine the skills and experience of our teams with our commitment to a professional and high-quality level of service. We believe in the importance of developing and maintaining a good working environment to support staff development.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Orano. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business. Office locations include: Warrington, Abingdon and or Westlakes.
Whether you’re working from an Orano office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. No matter where you sit in the organisation you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
Based at Birchwood Park, Warrington, the Bid Coordinator will be responsible for developing responses to pre-qualification questionnaire's (PQQ), bids and proposals through the formal invitation to tender (ITT) / request for quote and proposals (RFQ/P).
- Reviewing client documentation for completeness
- Supporting the PQQ activity and qualification processes
- Responding to Requests for Quotations in liaison with the Bid Manager
- Maintaining the central library of information and support material
- Attending bid planning meetings
- Assisting in the development of the story-board process
- Able to develop written content / bid responses
- Managing the tender preparation and response process on small bids
- Managing bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders
- Negotiating with and managing sub-contractor and supplier inputs
What you can bring:
- Preferably educated to Degree level
- 2 years’ experience within a tendering / bidding environment
- Experience working in the Nuclear industry is desirable but not a requirement
- Experience of using MS Office business tool
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a vested interest in personal development
- Ability to write clear and concise arguments
- Ability to establish and maintain influential working relationships with other team members / disciplines internally and externally
- Organisation and prioritisation skills
- Able to manage own workload and work autonomously within the parameters of the role
- Demonstrate commitment to always working safely
- Ability to identify and minimise risks
- Able to work on own initiative
- Use of initiative / be proactive to problem solve of work without direct supervision
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment
Why work for Orano:
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquarters in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
These fuel cycle activities are of strategic importance to both the French nuclear sector and all customers operating reactors worldwide. Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to providing a professional service to the highest standards of quality. We are a friendly company, place great emphasis on our working relationships and recognise the importance of partnering in our work.
Our ethos aligns with the Orano values of customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; respect and people development; exemplarity, integrity and responsibility; cohesion and team spirit. Building on these values, we have fostered a working culture that prioritises safety, performance and respect for everyone we work with, whether this relates to our clients, partners, or our own staff.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities and diversity and is opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, a competitive salary, annual bonus scheme, hybrid working, free secure on-site parking and a great benefits package, including private medical insurance, non-contribution pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity Pay, Group Income Protection and Group Life Insurance.