Want to feel like you are making a real difference in the Nuclear sector?
Come and join our talented team where you will play a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects.
At Orano, our people are our biggest asset. By investing in our staff and fostering a culture of continued professional development within the company, we combine the skills and experience of our teams with our commitment to a professional and high-quality level of service. We believe in the importance of developing and maintaining a good working environment to support staff development.
We understand that different people have different priorities, which is why we pride ourselves on our supportive and friendly environment and ability to provide flexible hybrid working arrangements.Site Locations Include: Warrington, Abingdon and or Westlakes.
Whether you’re working from an Orano office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. No matter where you sit in the organisation you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Decommissioning and Dismantling Engineer who will participate in decommissioning design studies and waste management. You will intervene throughout the life of the project (Feasibility/ Preliminary Design Stage, detail Design stage, Construction stage).
For this role you can be based at our Warrington, Westlakes or Abingdon office.
- Designing the overall scenarios including definition of Post-Operation Clean-up activities
- Designing and implementing these scenarios (modifications, requirements, technologies to be implemented) in interfaces with other technical engineering disciplines
- Developing and verifying technical documents (physical or radiological inventories, waste management technical notes, scenario synoptic, associated scheduling, estimation of the blue-collar work hours, arrangement means to be implemented, specifications)
- Preparing tender documents, inputting data and monitoring the schedule and the budget allocated for the study services
What you can bring:
- 3 years professional engineering experience
- M.Sc./M.Eng in Nuclear engineering or Process engineering with a specialisation in nuclear process
- Experience in the field of decommissioning project and nuclear waste management
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Quality and results driven
- Good presentational, influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to establish and maintain influential working relationships at all levels / disciplines internally and externally
- Organisation, prioritisation and delegation skills
- Able to manage own workload and work autonomously within the parameters of the role
- Desire for self-development; to learn and develop within the role and develop others when required
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to unforeseen situations, and respect the deadlines set daily
- Demonstrate commitment to always working safely
Why work for Orano:
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquarters in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
These fuel cycle activities are of strategic importance to both the French nuclear sector and all customers operating reactors worldwide. Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to providing a professional service to the highest standards of quality. We are a friendly company, place great emphasis on our working relationships and recognise the importance of partnering in our work.
Our ethos aligns with the Orano values of customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; respect and people development; exemplarity, integrity and responsibility; cohesion and team spirit. Building on these values, we have fostered a working culture that prioritises safety, performance and respect for everyone we work with, whether this relates to our clients, partners, or our own staff.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities and diversity and are opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, a competitive salary, annual bonus scheme, hybrid working, free secure on-site parking and a great benefits package, including private medical insurance, non-contribution pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity Pay, Group Income Protection and Group Life Insurance.