Want to feel like you are making a real difference in the Nuclear sector?
Come and join our talented team where you will play a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects.
At Orano, our people are our biggest asset. By investing in our staff and fostering a culture of continued professional development within the company, we combine the skills and experience of our teams with our commitment to a professional and high-quality level of service. We believe in the importance of developing and maintaining a good working environment to support staff development.
We understand that different people have different priorities, which is why we pride ourselves on our supportive and friendly environment and ability to provide flexible hybrid working arrangements. Site Locations Include: Warrington, Abingdon and or Westlakes. You may be required to attend sites / offices in the UK.
Whether you’re working from an Orano office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. No matter where you sit in the organisation you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
For this role, you can be based at our Warrington, Westlakes or Abingdon office.
The Project Manager will set the project execution strategies and uses a cross-functional project team to deliver the project safely, in line with company policy achieving established goals and objectives within the agreed scope of work. The Senior Project Manager role will be undertaken by a SQEP resource allowing a single point of management contact with customer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality, company procedures, policies, legislative, regulatory, requirements
- Developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate project baseline
- Maximising within the project the use of Learning from Experience and disseminating new LFE to the relevant functions
- Implementing and maintaining the project and supporting functions interfaces
- Assigning and maintaining competent project team members and acting promptly to industrial relations and HR issues
- Providing accurate and timely information and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance
- Identifying risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies
- Implementing and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans
- Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and stakeholders
- Meeting the specified project functional criteria
- Controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline
- Liaising with customer Programme Manager to create the overall strategy and subsequently plan delivery of the programme and individual project packages in line with this
- Managing the Project team throughout the delivery of the programme activities
- Managing the studies required for the programme and individual projects
- Undertaking internal study and design reviews
- Providing information for, and input to, HAZOP(s) / HAZCON(s)
- Reviewing documentation and support through various committees e.g. PMPs, MSC etc
What you can bring:
- Degree in Project Management or relevant field
- 2-5 Years’ experience as a Project Manager
- Previous experience on a Nuclear Site or other highly regulated site
- Previous experience of managing high value projects
- Understand the principles and practices of planning, risk and cost management at programme and project levels
- Awareness of the stage-gate principles of project delivery
- Understand the factors affecting motivation of project team members and techniques for risk management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a vested interest in personal development
- Ability to write clear and concise arguments
- Ability to establish and maintain influential working relationships at all levels / disciplines internally and externally
- Ability to detect and capitalise on others’ strengths
- Ability to motivate and support team members
- Organisation, prioritisation and delegation skills
- Able to manage own workload and work autonomously within the parameters of the role
- Demonstrate commitment to always working safely
- Ability to identify and minimise risks
- Able to work on own initiative whilst anticipating the wider consequences of decisions and know when to refer upwards
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment
Why work for Orano:
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquarters in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
These fuel cycle activities are of strategic importance to both the French nuclear sector and all customers operating reactors worldwide. Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to providing a professional service to the highest standards of quality. We are a friendly company, place great emphasis on our working relationships and recognise the importance of partnering in our work.
Our ethos aligns with the Orano values of customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; respect and people development; exemplarity, integrity and responsibility; cohesion and team spirit. Building on these values, we have fostered a working culture that prioritises safety, performance and respect for everyone we work with, whether this relates to our clients, partners, or our own staff.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities and diversity and is opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, a competitive salary, annual bonus scheme, hybrid working, free secure on-site parking and a great benefits package, including private medical insurance, non-contribution pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity Pay, Group Income Protection and Group Life Insurance.