Want to feel like you are making a real difference in the Nuclear sector?
Come and join our talented team where you will play a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects.
At Orano, our people are our biggest asset. By investing in our staff and fostering a culture of continued professional development within the company, we combine the skills and experience of our teams with our commitment to a professional and high-quality level of service. We believe in the importance of developing and maintaining a good working environment to support staff development.
We understand that different people have different priorities, which is why we pride ourselves on our supportive and friendly environment and ability to provide flexible hybrid working arrangements. Site Locations Include: Warrington, Abingdon and or Westlakes. You may be required to attend sites / offices in the UK.
Whether you’re working from an Orano office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. No matter where you sit in the organisation you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
Based at Birchwood Park, Warrington, the Project Planner will produce, update and maintain the Project Schedule in conjunction with the respective accountable discipline leads and in line with the project controls strategy and schedule management plan.
Duties will include:
- Working with internal and external suppliers to establish new schedules to support bid activities and scope changes
- Ensuring on time reporting to the project and management team to display control, progress and understanding in the design, procurement, and execution phases
- Developing and delivering project plans in P6
- Developing a project schedule in P6, with a robust logic and a detailed fabrication and construction activities
- Including key project milestones for Client Deliverables, design materials, sub-contractors etc
- Ensuring relevant quality procedures and methodologies are applied, including use of change control processes
- Monitoring and identifying program specific risks
- Ensuring a plan is kept up to date with any agreed changes to scope, as directed by the Project Management team
- Monitoring progress (including sub-contractors) against plans and schedules and report on status
- Responsible for ensuring on time reporting to the project and management team
- Identifying and presenting schedule updates to Project Managers and Planning Team, communicating progress, changes and critical path/key milestones and highlighting any potential issues
- Attending project meetings and presenting progress reports to the client
- Liaising and interfacing with team members, clients and sub-contractors
- Supporting Quality and Health and Safety objectives
What you can bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or related field
- Previous experience working in the Nuclear or Defence Sector or within an alternative highly regulated Environment for example; Oil and Gas, Rail, Pharma etc
- Awareness of and practical experience using project management theory
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a vested interest in personal development
- Ability to write clear and concise arguments
- Ability to establish and maintain influential working relationships with other team members / disciplines internally and externally
- Organisation, prioritisation and delegation skills
- Able to manage own workload and work autonomously within the parameters of the role
- Demonstrate commitment to always working safely
- Ability to identify and minimise risks
- Able to work on own initiative whilst anticipating the wider consequences of decisions and know when to refer upwards
- Use of initiative / be proactive to problem solve of work without direct supervision
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment
Why work for Orano:
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquarters in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
These fuel cycle activities are of strategic importance to both the French nuclear sector and all customers operating reactors worldwide. Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to providing a professional service to the highest standards of quality. We are a friendly company, place great emphasis on our working relationships and recognise the importance of partnering in our work.
Our ethos aligns with the Orano values of customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; respect and people development; exemplarity, integrity and responsibility; cohesion and team spirit. Building on these values, we have fostered a working culture that prioritises safety, performance and respect for everyone we work with, whether this relates to our clients, partners, or our own staff.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities and diversity and is opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, a competitive salary, annual bonus scheme, hybrid working, free secure on-site parking and a great benefits package, including private medical insurance, non-contribution pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity Pay, Group Income Protection and Group Life Insurance.