Want to feel like you are making a real difference in the Nuclear sector?
Come and join our talented team where you will play a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects.
At Orano, our people are our biggest asset. By investing in our staff and fostering a culture of continued professional development within the company, we combine the skills and experience of our teams with our commitment to a professional and high-quality level of service. We believe in the importance of developing and maintaining a good working environment to support staff development.
We understand that different people have different priorities, which is why we pride ourselves on our supportive and friendly environment and ability to provide flexible hybrid working arrangements. Site Locations Include: Warrington, Abingdon and or Westlakes.
Whether you’re working from an Orano office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. No matter where you sit in the organisation you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
The IT Support Technician will provide help and assistance to our staff and to assist with the ongoing improvement of our IT systems and processes. The support provided will include fault diagnosis and rectification of Internet connectivity, Email, Microsoft Windows desktop, Office and server platforms, antivirus and firewalls.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide support to customers via telephone, email and remote control
- Complete IT administration requests
- Take responsibility of issues and requests keeping the customer informed at all times
- Diagnose and resolve customer problems, escalating when necessary
- Handle general customer enquiries
- Liaise with third party organisations
- Provide reports to the company management
- Manage small IT projects
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will:
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs Including Maths and English
- 2 A Level passes or equivalent
- Post-Secondary School education relating to IT, qualifications or training desirable
In addition to this, you will have the experience in the following Technologies:
- Windows 10 Professional
- Office 2019 and Office 365 applications
- Conferencing i.e., Teams/Skype
- Remote Desktop and remote access software
- VPN Clients
- Some knowledge of how PCs and laptops are put together.
- Setup of new hardware including joining to a domain.
- Patch management
- Windows Server 2016 and above
- Active Directory User Account Management
- Group Policy
- Hyper-V virtualisation
- Understand IP Networks, subnets and VLANs
- Switches, Routers and WiFi
- DNS and DHCP
- Cable patching
Experience in the following Technologies would be advantageous:
- Office VBA Macros
- Windows Server 2016 installation and configuration
- Active Directory Configuration
- Group Policy Management
- Hyper-V VM setup and replication
- IIS 7
- MS SQL Server
- .NET Web development
- Planning and Design
- VLAN configuration
- Firewall management
Why work for Orano Limited
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquarters in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
These fuel cycle activities are of strategic importance to both the French nuclear sector and all customers operating reactors worldwide. Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to providing a professional service to the highest standards of quality. We are a friendly company, place great emphasis on our working relationships and recognise the importance of partnering in our work.
Our ethos aligns with the Orano values of customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; respect and people development; exemplarity, integrity and responsibility; cohesion and team spirit. Building on these values, we have fostered a working culture that prioritises safety, performance and respect for everyone we work with, whether this relates to our clients, partners, or our own staff.
At Orano, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice we are opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. You will also get an additional 1 day off for every 1-year service which is capped at 30
- A competitive salary
- Professional Membership
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contribution pension scheme
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Insurance