Want to feel like you are making a real difference in the Nuclear sector?
Come and join our talented team where you will play a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects.
At Orano, our people are our biggest asset. By investing in our staff and fostering a culture of continued professional development within the company, we combine the skills and experience of our teams with our commitment to a professional and high-quality level of service. We believe in the importance of developing and maintaining a good working environment to support staff development.
We understand that different people have different priorities, which is why we pride ourselves on our supportive and friendly environment and ability to provide flexible hybrid working arrangements. Site Locations Include: Warrington, Abingdon and or Westlakes.
Whether you’re working from an Orano office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. No matter where you sit in the organisation you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
Location: Warrington, Abingdon or Westlakes
The senior EC&I engineer will be responsible for supporting the principal EC&I engineer in delivering one or more design projects or leading small EC&I project tasks with the support of other engineers. These designs will cover the full project life cycle from concept design through to manufacture and commissioning.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the preparation of estimates and project proposals
- Managing and working to project schedules
- Management and clarification of EC&I requirements at all levels
- Experience EC&I design review and other client facing meetings
- Provision of technical solutions from customer requirements and initial concepts, and coordinate EC&I activities necessary to provide design solutions to the project
- Continuous learning and development in all areas of engineering especially with respect to the latest developments in technologies and techniques
- Production of project deliverables in accordance with project requirements, in line with relevant standards and procedures
- Experience of checking and providing design feedback
- Adherence to all company and statutory H&S policies, rules, regulations and laws, setting the standards for other EC&I discipline members
- Adherence to the company QMS, contribution to the development of the QMS, and proactive monitoring of team compliance to the QMS.
What you can bring
- Minimum qualification for this role is an HNC or equivalent qualification in electrical or control engineering or similar engineering
- Membership of a recognised Engineering Institute
- Incorporated Engineer or working towards
- An understanding of how the EC&I aspects fit within a complex project environment, combined with an in-depth knowledge of particular areas within the discipline
- Demonstrate a good understanding of nuclear health and safety and the construction regulations
- Significant experience at all stages of the design lifecycle
- Experience with plant and documentation configuration management
- The capability to deliver and check design solutions to the required standards, in the required timescales, supported by appropriate documentation
- Knowledge of EC&I systems design, including calculations and EMC assessment
- Experience of machinery and process plant design
- Experience with obsolescence management
Why work for Orano Limited
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquarters in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
These fuel cycle activities are of strategic importance to both the French nuclear sector and all customers operating reactors worldwide. Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to providing a professional service to the highest standards of quality. We are a friendly company, place great emphasis on our working relationships and recognise the importance of partnering in our work.
Our ethos aligns with the Orano values of customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; respect and people development; exemplarity, integrity and responsibility; cohesion and team spirit. Building on these values, we have fostered a working culture that prioritises safety, performance and respect for everyone we work with, whether this relates to our clients, partners, or our own staff.
At Orano, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice we are opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. You will also get an additional 1 day off for every 1-year service which is capped at 30
- A competitive salary
- Professional Membership
- Annual bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contribution pension scheme
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Insurance
- Sports allowance
- Online discount platform