Want to feel like you are making a real difference in the Nuclear sector?
Come and join our talented team where you will play a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects.
At Orano, our people are our biggest asset. By investing in our staff and fostering a culture of continued professional development within the company, we combine the skills and experience of our teams with our commitment to a professional and high-quality level of service. We believe in the importance of developing and maintaining a good working environment to support staff development.
We understand that different people have different priorities, which is why we pride ourselves on our supportive and friendly environment and ability to provide flexible hybrid working arrangements. Site Locations Include: Warrington, Abingdon and or Westlakes.
Whether you’re working from an Orano office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. No matter where you sit in the organisation you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
- The role is based at our Warrington office
- Travel may be required on occasion between Orano offices and Client sites
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time, 37-hour week
An exciting opportunity for a Bid Manager to further develop their skills and knowledge within Bid Management.
Role and Responsibilities
- Reviewing client documentation for completeness.
- Responding to Pre-qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) and Supplier Questionnaire (SQ) activities.
- Developing offers in response to client Requests for Quotations (RFQs) and Invitations to Tender (ITTs).
- Applying Orano processes for development of quality and compelling bids, for example using story-board processes.
- Develop compelling written content, working with relevant engineering disciplines and corporate functions.
- Managing the tender preparation and response process.
- Managing bid teams and inputs from a variety of internal / external stakeholders including partners and subcontractors.
- Negotiating with and managing sub-contractor and supplier inputs.
- Working within Orano’s gated Governance requirements including presenting to reviewers where required.
- Maintaining the central library of information and support material.
Preferred Role Requirements
The Tendering team encourage diversity of thought and welcome applications of candidates with transferable skills that can be applied to our projects, therefore, there are no minimum role requirements and candidates will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Dependent on level of experience the position offered will be Bid Manager or Bid Coordinator.
The preferred role requirements are as follows:
- Educated at degree level
- Minimum of 8 years experience, preferably gained within a tendering/bidding environment
We value the transferable skills you gained from your previous work or personal experiences. we’re looking for people who are:
- Good communicators and listeners
Why work for Orano Limited
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquarters in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
These fuel cycle activities are of strategic importance to both the French nuclear sector and all customers operating reactors worldwide. Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to providing a professional service to the highest standards of quality. We are a friendly company, place great emphasis on our working relationships and recognise the importance of partnering in our work.
Our ethos aligns with the Orano values of customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; respect and people development; exemplarity, integrity and responsibility; cohesion and team spirit. Building on these values, we have fostered a working culture that prioritises safety, performance and respect for everyone we work with, whether this relates to our clients, partners, or our own staff.
At Orano, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice we are opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. You will also get an additional 1 day off for every 1-year service which is capped at 5
- A competitive salary
- One Professional Membership subscription paid for by the company
- Private medical insurance
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Non-contribution pension scheme
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Insurance
- Sports allowance
- Online discount platform