Want to feel like you are making a real difference in the Nuclear sector?
Come and join our talented team where you will play a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects.
At Orano, our people are our biggest asset. By investing in our staff and fostering a culture of continued professional development within the company, we combine the skills and experience of our teams with our commitment to a professional and high-quality level of service. We believe in the importance of developing and maintaining a good working environment to support staff development.
We understand that different people have different priorities, which is why we pride ourselves on our supportive and friendly environment and ability to provide flexible hybrid working arrangements. Site Locations Include: Warrington, Abingdon and or Westlakes.
Whether you’re working from an Orano office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. No matter where you sit in the organisation you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
- The role can be based at Westakes, Warrington or Abingdon
- Travel may be required on occasion between Orano offices and Client sites
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time, 37-hour week
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of the short- and medium-term key account and business development strategies for specific client accounts
- Support the Head of Business Development to develop and maintain a contact programme with senior staff within client and partner organisations. Maintain regular contact with existing future potential customers.
- Develop Account Plans, Opportunity Capture Plans and Value Propositions.
- Support the Head of Business Development with developing Order Intake forecasts and budgets.
- Work within Orano’s governance framework to secure approval to pursue opportunities and to bid, including presenting details of opportunities.
- Anticipate new opportunities and support tendering activities by providing market intelligence to bids teams, or sometimes direct technical input or review.
- Keep track of market developments amongst clients, competitors and suppliers, and look for opportunities to facilitate the growth of Orano’s presence across the UK nuclear industry.
- Understand Orano’s capabilities and areas of differentiation and promote these to customers.
- Capture information in a structured manner to facilitate sharing.
- Interface collaboratively within the business winning team, including marketing & communications and tendering, and with the wider Orano business including technical disciplines and functions, in the UK and abroad.
Preferred Role Requirements
The Business Development team encourage diversity of thought and welcome applications of candidates with transferable skills that can be applied to our projects, therefore, there are no minimum role requirements and candidates will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The preferred role requirements are as follows:
- Have an extensive network of contacts in both customer and client organisations, and organisations within the associated nuclear supply chain. This should include senior contacts.
- Have a broad understanding of activities across the UK nuclear market with specific knowledge of the sites / companies associated with the NDA estate, nuclear defence, new build, SMRs/AMRs or fusion.
- Have worked within the nuclear sector and can show evidence of successful previous Key Account and New Business Development. Preferably at least 10 years’ relevant experience.
- Ability to professionally represent Orano at all levels with external clients.
- Have held / able to obtain security clearance at SC level or above.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to deploy problem solving skills, and competent on standard MS Office applications.
- If possible, have access to a network of associates who can support Orano.
We value the transferable skills you gained from your previous work or personal experiences. we’re looking for people who are:
- Good communicators and listeners
Why work for Orano Limited
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquarters in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
These fuel cycle activities are of strategic importance to both the French nuclear sector and all customers operating reactors worldwide. Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to providing a professional service to the highest standards of quality. We are a friendly company, place great emphasis on our working relationships and recognise the importance of partnering in our work.
Our ethos aligns with the Orano values of customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; respect and people development; exemplarity, integrity and responsibility; cohesion and team spirit. Building on these values, we have fostered a working culture that prioritises safety, performance and respect for everyone we work with, whether this relates to our clients, partners, or our own staff.
At Orano, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice we are opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. You will also get an additional 1 day off for every 1-year service which is capped at 5
- A competitive salary
- One Professional Membership subscription paid for by the company
- Private medical insurance
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Non-contribution pension scheme
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Insurance
- Sports allowance
- Online discount platform