The successful candidate will join the waste management team in our Abingdon office in Oxfordshire. They will have relevant experience of working in the nuclear industry and be able to demonstrate a good track record for producing quality deliverables. Some project management experience would also be an advantage. The successful candidate should be self-motivated and have established technical expertise in the area of radioactive waste management. Excellent communication skills are required for the writing and peer reviewing of technical documents and the production of proposals. The vacancy provides an excellent opportunity for those wishing to develop their careers technically and commercially.
Work on a range of consultancy projects for customers including radioactive waste producers, radioactive waste management organisations and regulators, both in the UK and overseas. Work includes a wide variety of activities across the areas of integrated radioactive waste management, spent fuels and nuclear materials and site investigation/land quality. Depending on the specialisms of the applicant, work could include:
- Development of waste management strategies;
- Delivery of technical waste management projects from project inception to final reporting;
- Consideration of approaches for radioactive waste, management, treatment, packaging and disposal;
- Non-radioactive hazardous waste disposal;
- Application of the waste hierarchy
- Supporting the development of bids and proposals;
- Development of skills in more junior members of the team.
Skills / Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the nuclear industry are essential for the senior grade.
- Ability to develop technical work and oversee the work of others.
- Able to work in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Able to lead interactions with customers.
- Flexible, innovative and able to work on a number of varied projects.
- Will need to be able to obtain appropriate security clearance.
- A good first degree (2:1 or better) or higher degree in a physical science or chemistry.